Monday, March 30, 2009

Coast to Coast





37 Riding days, 4 Days off, just under 2800 miles, 9 states, and 3 flats (all in two days) = San Diego CA to St Augistine FL and completion of Crossing # 3

Both Patty and I finished safely yesterday. Patty was a little ahead of me and was sitting on the beach at Anastasia State Park when I arrived. She did a great job in support and can now say she drove the camper from coast to coast.

We really must have "road angels" because even though I have had the wind in my face for most of the last 2000 miles, the only day I got wet on the bike was day one as I was leaving San Diego. Other than that I have beat the rain every day.

We are going to enjoy the beach and the local area for a few days and just relax. Patty did a 13 mile run this morning on the beach and I just went for a long walk. We then plan to head up towards the Appalachian Trail and provide a little "trail magic" before heading home.

This was an interesting crossing and much different then the other two. Being on the bike in traffic every day is just a different experience and not as relaxing as paddling the river or hiking a trail. I also do not think it was as demanding physically.

I am always glad to complete a huge task like this and I really enjoyed the experience and the people I met. Once I complete a crossing I don't know if I would want to do the same trip again, because there are so many other things to do.

As I always say, Life is short, experience as many things as you can and always find things that will challenge you.

HOW HAVE YOU CHALLENGED YOURSELF LATELY?

See you soon.

Jeff

No comments: