Friday, March 20, 2009

Into Mississippi 3/20/09











After a 4 day rest due to rain, Jeff is on the bike again. He started with 2 half days of riding since when I met him for lunch it had started to rain again for the afternoon. We managed to make it out of Texas on March 17. Jeff has been putting in 90 to 100 mile days and we are out of Louisianna and into Mississippi as of today. The weather has been 70 to 80's and sunny with a little cooling off at night. Yesterday we went through St. Francisville and had to take the Ferry across the Mississippi River. I managed to meet Jeff before the Ferry so we were able to ride the Ferry together. That is where is River trip intersected with the bike trip so it was kind of neat to see that crossing.

I found St. Francisville a very interesting town to visit and spent some time there after Jeff took off on the bike again. I really enjoyed seeing all the houses from the early 1800's and found the civil war history interesting. I found a shop called Grandmother's Buttons. It was a crafty neat place to spend some time.

I found some fresh shrimp and oysters today. We have been looking forward to trying some fresh shrimp and I have some cajun seasoning to try also.

The azaleas are in full bloom and are beautiful.
Patty

No comments: