Friday, March 20, 2009

Jeff's Post from Poplarville MS






Patty posted earlier today, but, she never posts any pictures with her in them, so I will do so. A little over 2000 miles on the bike and I finally feel like I am back in bike shape. Patty has been cracking the whip pretty hard, but, I have been enjoying the riding conditions. It is hard to beat temps in the low 70's every afternoon with clear skies. Some of the roads are really small with little traffic and have been a real treat to ride. I think we have about 800 miles to do and it can only get flatter as we head towards the coast.

The pictures I have posted include Patty at St Francisville having lunch in a park, Patty driving on to the Ferry and on the Ferry, a small country road, and a road following the Mississippi.

It is kind of funny, but when I paddled the river all I could see from the river was the Levee and when I rode along the river all I could see from the road was the levee. People do not have much of a view of the Mississippi down here.

1 comment:

Donna Schulz said...

I Jeff and Patty! I wasn't aware that you were on your bike trip until I learned that you interviewed by phone for the Chief's job....Sounds like you're having a great time! When you get back and have some "free" time, Deb and I want to take you out to lunch! We are sooo tired of winter and this weather, we're not out of the woods yet re: snow, but it's all but gone for now. Dealing with a week of cloudy, misty damp weather. Things are getting busy in the office again, which is good! Take care and we'll talk to you soon!
Donna