Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kyle TX











Days off are good for you. Had a good day off in Fredrickburg TX with my folks yesterday. It is a little touristy with a heavy German heritage. Had about 95 miles on the ride today with a lot of ups and downs in the Texas Hill country. I was having some problems with my computer staying on and that is why I say about 95 miles. The winds are still out of the SE but are lighter and I am more protected. Kyle is on I - 35 about 25 miles south of Austin. The Adventure cycling route takes you between Austin and San Antonio and hopefully I will avoid the majority of traffic that goes with those two cities. Everything in Texas is gated and fences run on both sides of all the roads. I found a gate that I liked and shot a picture. It is typical of many. There are also a lot of high water signs on the roads on top of now dry creek beds. It must really rain to bring some of the rivers and streams to the top of those high water marks. see the first picture. Take care
Jeff

No comments: