Saturday, March 7, 2009

Kerrville TX, First day off







We met my mom and dad yesterday in Kerrville as they were heading north from South Padre. It will be nice to take a day off today. The winds have been in my face and on my right side for the past few days. I have also had some big climbs in the Texas Hill country. I climbed a couple of hills on Thursday that they have a race on every few years called the "Killer Diller Roadbike Race", Google it if you are interested in seeing some of the comments. Yesterdays ride was along the Guadaloupe River and was really nice. I am glad to be out of the desert and into a little more scenery. I have about 1300 miles on and think I am just about half way. I still hope to be done around the end of the month if the winds and the rains hold off. I also am tired of some of the big rock seal coated roads down here. They don't role as smooth as some of the good roads at home.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Looks like you are cruising along just fine. Keep the rubber on the road. I made the All-Guard Team at age 45 and MN won the overall Team title by winning the Patrol Race and then having the Relay race cancelled becaus eof crazy warm weather and rain. Take care, Paul