Wednesday, March 25, 2009

3/25/09

Less than 400 miles to go!
Jeff has really been peddling fast and hard. We went through Louisianna, Mississipi and Alabama so fast I could hardly keep up with him. I did manage to find a beach
on Gulf Shores just as we were leaving Alabama. We spent a night on Dauphin Island
Alabama and then rode the ferry across Mobile Bay which was about a 4 mile ride. It was after that I found the beaches of Gulf Shores. It looked like a really nice area and it is a place I would like to go back to and spend some more time. Jeff has been riding about 90 miles per day, with much of it into the wind. There is rain in the forcast for today and all the through Saturday, so he is really trying to get done.
So far no rain today. I am in the public library in Chiplay this morning, giving
Jeff a head start. The library has a full stuffed giraffe and lion which were donated by Sylvester Stalone. Jeff has been riding on scenic highway 90 for the past 2 days and will be on it for today also. That makes it easier for me to follow him. The road has been great with nice shoulders for him to ride.
Take care and I hope Minnesota is warming up!
Patty

No comments: