Friday, March 13, 2009

Navasota TX and a Weather Delay




Taking a few days off due to weather. I don't mind riding in 40 degree weather and I don't mind riding into a wind, and I don't mind riding in a little rain, but, when they are all going on at the same time all day long, it just is not as much fun, so I am taking a few days off. One thing is for sure, Texas really needs the rain. I should still finish around the end of the month. I think most of my climbing is over. The last 3 maps don't even have elevation profiles on them and I should be staying pretty close to the coast. After just under 1500 miles the last couple of hundred into the wind, my legs were pretty dead and a few days off will be good for me. We will be crossing into Louisiana in a couple of days and it will be good to get into a new state. Texas really is a big state and a long way across.
I thought I would post some roadside flowers for all of you who are still covered in snow back home. Have a great day.
Jeff

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, cold, wet and windy--- I will pass.... but I have signed up for the Minneapolis Breast Cancer 3day, so I will start my outside walking soooooon.. still a bit nippy here.

After our last big snowfall, it has warmed up and the snow is fleeing fast. I considered jumping from the hot tub to the snow but .... it is too far gone!!

Tom and Gilly leave to ski in CO on Friday... TOm's sister Mary is improving - she is in Bethesda for one month, then another surgery to clip the second aneursym then possibley another month in Bethesda... slow , but we will take slow.

Peter is a grandfather to a baby boy - 8 lb 4 oz or 8 lb 8 oz - about that.

Take care, enjoy your time away. Remind me where in Alaska you will be - Paddy was accepted to a JVC program in Juneau - he starts late August.

Patty, bookclub tonight - I will talk for you!!!
Brigid