Sunday, March 1, 2009

Alpine Texas
















Had a tough day yesterday and today as the winds have shifted. I was not even going to ride yesterday as the winds were "hazerdous" in the 50-60 mph range out of the east. By 1pm I was a little ancy and decided to ride but to change the route from what I had planned and instead of going through the mountains to take pick up Hwy 90 and head South south east. I only did 40 miles but that was enough with the strong cross winds. Today the winds were out of the SE and that was the direction I had to go. It was my toughest day yet and after 63 miles I arrived in the town of Alpine TX. We are in a small RV park. I am now on the Adventure Cycling route and will head for Del Rio on Hwy 90. It is supposed to loose some elevation and I am hoping the winds will change in my favor.

No comments: