Friday, February 27, 2009

All is going well from the truck and camper. I am enjoying the scenery and the great weather. We are having record breaking temperatures in the low 80's. Night time temps in the upper 40's so Jeff starts off a little cooler in the mornings. He is starting to look pretty dark from being in the sun 6 or so hours a day. I am just trying not to get burnt.
Yesterday, Feb. 26, was a big day for us. Jeff did his first 100 mile day. After biking for 100 miles there was no place to stay and we were just out of El Paso with cell phones that had batteries that wouldn't hold a charge. So I made Jeff get in the truck and we found a Verizon store and got new phones. We also stopped to restock grocery, stopped at a bike store for a few items and then had supper. We drove just out of El Paso and found an RV place to stay for the night. The night lights of El Paso against the mountains was spectacular, but I was happy to get out of the 6 lane highways and away from all the traffic.

Jeff had another 100 plus mile day today and we are in Van Horn. It appears to be a nice town. I hope to get out for a morning run and I just happened to see a Dairy Queen down the road.
Jeff actually beat me in getting into this town. He is making really good mileage and the wind at his back may be helping a bit. He will make time when he can as he

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jeff,
Look into the Schwalbe Marathon Supremes. I just bought a pair for the single speed. I'm going for about 20 miles today in hopefully 15 degree weather. Looks like you are doing great. Hello Patti.

Wayne