Sunday, February 22, 2009

On the Road Again


Hi Everyone

If you are reading this you probably already know that Patty and I hit the road and are trying to cross the country again. This will be my third non motorized crossing and I will try to go from the west coast to the east coast on bike. Patty will be support with the pickup camper. I am not as confident about this trip and have a few apprehensions, but, we will give it a shot. At least we will see some warm weather and I will get to bike in shorts.

We drove to San Diego via a stop in Yuma to see a friend from the A.T. We had a great visit in Yuma and even stayed an extra day. Thank you Jack Frost. We arrived in San Diego on Tuesday Feb 17 and it poured on us as soon as we pulled up to Dog Beach.

I have been keeping a journal but this blog does not allow me to cut and paste, at least I have not figured out how to do it.


For now I will say we have just under 400 miles on and are just east of Phoenix in Apache Junction. The mountains so far have been tough considering I have not really biked in two years. I did an 86 mile day yesterday and am sore in areas I have not felt for a while.


I will try to post as I can or maybe I will be able to talk Patty into covering for me as I try and make some miles on the bike.


No comments: