Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June 9, 2009






There is no doubt that the wild life abounds in Alaska! I have had the opportunity to see bear more up close and personal than I would like, and the moose are everywhere. We had a moose at the edge of our deck the other night. I have posted a picture of him. The picture was taken at 11:15 p.m. and there was still plenty of light. The weather continues to be great and we have had several days of 70 degree weather and plenty of sun. We were able to meet up with Chris for an overnight hike along resurrection bay to a place called Caines Head.

2 comments:

Media Duck said...

Those packs look pretty heavy for a beach hike! We arrived in Wy yesterday and it is cool and wet! We can only see the foothills and are pretty sure that the peaks are covered with snow. We take out first overnight hike on the 29th of June and we are hoping that we will be able to get to the high country easily. We will have the Korvers with us. The llamas look pretty good considering they had a tough winter and were treated for worms. Take care and be safe, I'll call later this week.
JoAnn

Unknown said...

I am sooo jealous. I plan on retiring to a cabin in Alaska for the summers when I get to your ripe old age Red Dog (I don't mean yours Lucky Dog :>) I miss the days of the hikes your pics have shown. if you haven't been yet... Eagle Glacier (or was it Raven Glacier)... one was near you and one was in Juneau. And the ice fields above Exit Glacier was absolutely awe inspiring. I had to put off my farm for a year or so due to the economy. But wedding is still on for Oct. 3rd. Please have fun in the land of the midnight sun for me and know that I am thinking of you guys. Keep smilin' Sea to Land.