Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June 2, 2009






I had my first bear sighting yesterday. There were 3 grizzly cubs about a mile and
half up the road from our place. We noticed many cars parked along the road so we just had to look. These cubs were along the bike trail on the other side of a wetland area. They looked like they were last years cubs. We did not see the mama
bear. I took my pictures and left quickly as one started coming more towards the trail. It was great to see them from a distance with other people around any my bike nearby. Also posted is a ptarmigan that Jeff saw on one of his hikes. This is the Alaskan state bird.

1 comment:

Media Duck said...

We are glad you saw the bears from a distance!
We had to put Booner down on Tuesday. he had the same cancer as Gannett. We are so sad.