Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1, 2009

Jeff and I recently took a drive to Whittier. We passed through the two and half mile tunnel to get there. I have posted a picture of a cruise ship docked in Whittier which also gives an overview of the town. Also posted are pictures of glacial ice chunks that have fallen into the bay. You can tell glacial ice by it's blue color. I also had the opportunity to fly to Seattle this past weekend. On my return flight I had clear skies and took some pictures of Alaska from the air. One of the pictures shows a glacier (you can tell by the bluish color). And the grizzly bears are still hanging out in our area. Jeff had another opportunity for more photos.

1 comment:

Karl said...

It's great to read of your travels and adventures. Your AK escapades bring back good memories. Thanks for sharing.

-Karl